Thursday, July 15, 2010

RSV, Yuck!

Laine came down with RSV around the 4th of July. She started sounding hoarse, which is kind of weird since she doesn't exactly talk, but when she made her noises you could tell she sounded different. We thought she was coming down with a cold at first, but then after reading a little about RSV we started thinking that's what she had. I took her to the doc and her test came back positive. The Doc told us she thought it was a pretty mild case, which was relieving, but it was still a little scary since it can lead to pneumonia and you hear those stories of babies ending up in the hospital. Luckily, the Doc was right and it was a mild case. We did get a little worried on Sat. because she had a couple of symptoms that they tell you to look for if it's getting worse, but by Sunday morning she was much better. She finally seems like she is back to her old self minus the the smokers cough that she still has :-). This was her first real sickness and I'm so glad she's feeling better!

Here's 2 pics I took during the week when she was sick. They just make me smile

Here's the before



I stepped away for a second to grab a wash cloth and this is what I came back too. I'm pretty sure she was smiling underneath :-)

1 comment: