I miss sleep, I mean I REALLY miss sleep. I really shouldn't complain though because overall Laine is a good sleeper and I know other parents whose babies don't sleep as well as Laine, but of course we all want what we don't have. The problem is that she gets our hopes up sometimes that she's going to sleep a little later, like this past Monday morning. She went to bed by 8:15 which her bed time really doesn't matter to me. I'd be fine if she was able to stay up later and still be a happy girl. it's the morning that gets me. She used to sleep until sometime between 6:30 and 7:00 which was GREAT. For some reason after we came back from Colorado she has started waking up around 5:30 and sometimes as early as 4:30 am, which is how it was for 3 of the last 4 Saturdays. But sometimes she'll sleep until 6:45 or 7:00 again like she did on Monday morning. It was GREAT! We did have to go into her room 3 times because she'll move during her sleep and get right up against the rails and sometimes that wakes her up, but I'll take her waking us up a couple of times to move her if she's sleeping that long. Of course, I got my hopes up just a little that we were on a new schedule and what happened this morning....she was pretty much wide awake at 4:30 am. I had already been up 2 times to move her back over so needless to say I was tired and unhappy. I'm hoping that this is not a new schedule and she had just gotten so much sleep the night before that she was awake that early. I should be used to it and overall I am considering I haven't slept through the night since early on in my pregnancy like when I was around 10 weeks, there's just some mornings that are more difficult and this morning was one of them. It does make it a little better to see her smiling face or hear her giggling earlier this evening. I just miss sleep....
I didn't want to not have a picture with this is a pic from when she was about 2 months old...sleeping :)
No comments:
Post a Comment